Thursday, July 23, 2009

Lowering The Bar Y'all


That’s the name of the pilot I shot last fall starring the comic stylings of T.J. Jagadowski and Sue Gillan.

This a still shot of me and two of my buds (what up Rawson) on the set, in character of course. Let me tell you something about being on the set of this show. Not only was it funny, mostly improvised and the most fun I’ve had on a set lately BUT I had the easiest job in the world when it came to hair and make-up. The other ladies had to sit in the chair, have their hair put up in exactly the same way everyday, super thick make-up etc… and an hour later they were set. Then of course they had to touch-up every hour or so. My character was a recovering drug addict. I sat down in the hair chair, the woman would slap some putty to make my hair look greasy, and then the make-up lady would make my under-eye circles look a little darker. Voila. 2 minutes later I was done and out. I was actually encouraged to not shower and could totally nap in the corner between takes because I was supposed to look ragged. I could get used to that.

I get to see the final result tonight for the first time at the Chicago TV Comedy Pilot Competition. We’re one of 6 finalists. Hoo-zah**!

*Not to be confused with the show “Raising the Bar” currently being shown on TNT. I assume it’s still being shown. It has cheesy ads on busses though so it looks like one of those shows that goes away quickly, you know? Also that show is about lawyers and this show is not.

**Hoozahs were a reward we received in elementary school for doing good things, like keeping our tote trays clean. They even had a store where you could take your Hoozahs and buy things with them. I bought my uncle a paperweight for Christmas with my Hoozahs one year. He left it at my grandmother’s house and never took it home with him. On purpose. He even asked if that was okay, to leave his gift at grandmother’s house. The nerve. I saved up Hoozahs for that damn paperweight. Maybe someday I’ll find a picture online of a Hoozah and post it. That sounds like fun… Google, here I come.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! How'd it go?

Sherrill Lynn Moffett said...

Yes, Yes- How DID it go?

Jill said...

When I saw your tweet, I admit I did think you were excited about the Mark-Paul Gosselaar tv show.