Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Day=Made.

It's early. I am only an hour into my workday, but my day is already complete.

I work near The British School Of Chicago (also near Cabrini Green...woot!). Many a morning I see the childrens in their uniforms walking to school.

On this particular morning a dad and daughter were walking in front of me. They were talking and the little girl was waving her arms wildly and freely. They both began to move a little more excitedly and as they walked, turned to each other and high-fived. Small as that may seem, it may be the sweetest thing I've seen happen in awhile. I was reminded of my dad, (what up Frank!) taking me to school, and how special and awesome it was.

Awwwwwwwwww....

Later on in the walk I passed them from the other side of the street. The dad let the girl walk by herself to the front of the school, and he walked away before the other kids could see him. I'm sure it was because the daughter felt "cooler" that way. In one morning he showed her love AND gave her some independence. That's a special dad.

I miss my dad. When do I get to hug him? Oh yeah...NEXT WEEK!!!! Yaaaaaaaaaaay!

Get ready Chicago. Frank and Karen are coming to rock you silly.

No comments: