Monday, September 21, 2009

New Obsession

This coffee place blew my mind a little bit:

I had past the shop a few times but assumed that they only took cash and I never carry cash. I pretty much assume any place that looks "emo" and "hippy" only takes cash. I was wrong. They take Visa and Mastercard. But that's beside the point.

The coffee is pretty decent especially seeing as how they roast it themselves. There is a coffee roaster right next to the bar where they guy brews the coffee. It's incredible! Not only that but they don't just keep a pot full of coffee waiting for you. No no. When you order a cup of coffee (regular old coffee) he grinds the beans right then for your cup and your cup only. THEN he brews it in a cup!! It's crazy!!! No machines needed. It is done in something similar to this contraption:

Only replace the red and black mugs with pretty classic white, the steel box with a plank of wood and the styrofoam cups with pretty white mugs. It was amazing. I felt like my cup of coffee was something special made only for me. Because it was kind of.

It was a little pricey and the pastries were not tasty (at least the brownie sample I had was not tasty) BUT the coffee was pretty cool. I am impressed.

I've had coffee roasts I like better than the one I was given but, regardless, the process to make it made it the best cup of coffee ever. Yeppers indeedy.

1 comment:

Coxworth said...

I love coffee prepared this way...it is so fresh and delicious.