Friday, September 25, 2009

The Texas State Fair...

...is one of my favorite things in life.

I love it.

I love Big Tex...

I love the Texas Star...


I love the new fried food that comes out every year, this year it's butter...


I love the petting zoo, the midway, the car show, the exhibits about JFK and The Battle Of San Jacinto, and I love the heat.

My parents are there as I type this. I hope they enjoy it. I hope they try the fried butter. I hope they sit in all the new cars. I hope they feed the llamas. I hope they learn about Texas History.

I miss you State Fair of Texas. I miss you Fair Park. One of these Octobers I'll make it back to Texas and, you should know, you will be the reason.

That and I'll have a job where it doesn't matter if I leave town at any time because I'm rich and taking days off doesn't mean I don't get paid, it means I have a day off.

**Update** The parents did try the fried butter. It apparently tastes like a dinner roll with butter. So there ya go.

No comments: