Friday, November 13, 2009

Music Babe

I love music. I play it, I sing it, write it. I usually get inspired to write and play by buying and discovering new music. I live on a pretty tight budget these days, so discovering new music is super hard because listening to the 00:30 clips on iTunes isn't really enough. It's enough for me to think, "Oh man, that's so cool I want to hear..." That's when the clip ends. I sometimes look up stuff on YouTube but YouTube has terrible sound quality and I'm super picky about sound quality. For example, when I buy new headphones I need at least $100 in my pocket for some Bose or JBL. Someday I will get the really cool ones. You have to get a mold of your ear made and they custom make them to fit only you, and they are crazy noise reduction style.

Someday...

So, I'm perusing iTunes at this current moment and just fell in love with an album. It's only $7.99, so I'm think I should get it but at the same time I should also pay my mortgage. So there's a trade-off.

Buy the album in my honor until I make up my mind, please:


Sondre Lerche and The Faces Down Quartet, Duper Sessions.

I'm just gonna buy it. I have to, right? I have to because if I don't, Sondre Lerche and some other songwriters won't get paid, and they need to get paid right? They have bills too. I'm only contributing to their well-being, which is helping someone else. Treat others how you want to be treated and all. He's from Norway. Support Norway. They've never hurt anyone, right?

Okay.

I bought it.

So much for that. Of course, $7.99 isn't a lot for a splurge, right?

Justify, justify, justify.

No comments: