Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Old Movies: The Suspense of It

I love old movies. I love them. I can watch TCM all day, never leave the couch, and be completely content. Sometimes I'm that guy who says, "They don't make movies like they used to..." Not ashamed. I REALLY love all old movies, but especially in the genres of suspense, thriller, and drama.

Here are a few of my favs:




It's wonderful. I've eaten at the restaurant from the opening scene. Also, this is a great nap movie.

Blind Audrey Hepburn? Go it. Creepy Alan Alda? Got it. Drug smuggling? Got it. Creepy scene where everything is in the dark and someone is chasing Audrey Hepburn but can't see her because it's dark until she opens the fridge and the fridge light reveals where she is but she doesn't know that because (as mentioned earlier) she's blind so she still thinks she safe but she's not? Got it.

I mean, what's not awesome about a child star who grows up to loathe her sister who becomes famous as an adult for actually being talented and not just cute? I mean, so many things can happen when themes like jealousy and family are involved.

Of course not pictured are Rebecca (Alfred Hitchcock) and Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte (gotta love those Bette Davis eyes). Both good as well.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh movies. They are so much fun times.

No comments: