Friday, May 2, 2008

How Jamie Lidell Saved My Sanity...

The past three weeks have been bizarre. Strange, weird things have happened. Some bad, some good, but the only thing constant is that they are all out of the ordinary and strange. Actually some of them are completely ordinary, but the fact that they happened in this three week period makes them feel strange and out of place. Mainly because strange has recently become ordinary. You dig?

As for this week in particular, I've been sick on top of everything I am on my 7th day of dizziness and drainage (yummo people!) and this morning my eye was swollen. Why? Don't know. It's not swollen anymore...

At work on Wednesday...not only did a weird, strange, awkward, thing happen but it was incredibly heartbreaking as well. I don't know that I can really talk about it on a blog, so if you ask me I will tell...but working in HR makes things so. Tricky. And legal...

Everyday I've left work feeling so awful...

Now for the positive.

Everyday I've left work feeling awful, and every day since Tuesday I've put in my iPod and listened to the new Jamie Lidell album, Jim.

And everyday since Tuesday when I've arrived home from work I have been dancing and singing at the top of my lungs.

That CD is real good people. And uplifting. Go buy it. Nooooooooooow.

I found a music video on YouTube of one of the songs off of Jim. It's a great happy popy dancey song. And of course, to keep in theme, the video is quite bizarre.



Now I'm not saying that the past few weeks have been all bad necessarily. They've been good for the most part, just straaaaaaaaaaange. Lets go get drinks this weekend and pretend the last few weeks of bizarre situations and crazy work antics are over and start a new few weeks of awesomeness...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for introducing me to Jamie Lidell- I love it! Although you're right...the video is disturbingly strange...
I hope next week is more normal. Or oddly fantastic. Either way.