Wednesday, November 12, 2008

1 Month Ago...

I blogged. According to Jeff Grigg's handy dandy little blog list that is. I saw that and it made me sad. So I thought, "I'll write a blog." But I have no idea what to write about.

Well, here's something.

I have RCN. I hate RCN. They have terrible service. Sometimes my channels are black and white. Sometimes I have no sound. Sometimes the box freezes. It used to always freeze when I used the OnDemand feature. One time, I called RCN and told them about this issue. Their response was, "Oh yeah, we know. It does that." Awesome.

I recently moved and of course my new place was wired for RCN. I may hate RCN but I'm too lazy to have it all fixed up and Comcasted out. I assume it takes effort. Of course the day they came to set up my cable the cable man left and the cable quit. They could only come out a month later to fix it. Awesome. Even more awesome is that the the cable quit because squirrels had eaten through the outside wires. At least I can't blame RCN for that one.

RCN was gracious enough to not make me pay for the month I was out of service. They gave me a credit. When I got my first bill, the credit didn't show up so I called and they said that the balance on my statement was incorrect and that I only owed a much smaller amount. The next time I got my statement, the amount seemed to high. I called and they again said, "No, your bill is actually for [significantly less amount of money]." I've received another bill that, yet again, I know is not correct. Even on my statement the amount they say I paid previously is not the amount I paid previously. I think it's a scam.

I'm just saying...

Don't ever, EVER use RCN.

No comments: