Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Phasessions

I, like probably a lot of people, go through phases. I refer to them more as obsessions. So for the purposes of this blog I will refer to them as "phasessions."

Here is an example:

I love the game Cake Mania. If you haven't played it, don't start. You might not ever stop. Currently I am obsessed with downloading any and every game that is in the same genre as Cake Mania and playing the free trial version. I have now mastered one hour of Ranch Rush, Spa Mania, Posh's Boutique, and am currently mastering Nanny Mania II.

Two other things that I also love are cooking and baking. If I wasn't acting and writing, I would be in culinary school. I am by no means an amazing chef, BUT I love it. It's therapeutic to me and usually tastes good.

Since most of my phasessions involve things that ruin my brain, like Cake Mania, and do not enhance my quality of life, like Posh's Boutique, I am trying something new.

I'm going to cook every recipe in my Ina Garten cookbook, Barefoot Contessa at Home.


Hi there Ina.

Why this cookbook? Several reasons.

One: I love Ina Garten. I want to be her a little bit. Mainly I just want her kitchen, her house in the Hamptons and have a cooking show involving them both. Her food always looks so fresh and delightful. I think she is my long lost Aunt.

Two: Cooking every recipe in one of my Paula Dean cookbooks would mean gaining 30-40 pounds. I am not willing to do that. I often refer to Paula Dean as my long lost grandmother and I love her food dearly. However, my heart cannot afford to consume 1 stick of butter per day. Sorry Paula.

Three, this cookbook was given to me by my dear friend Melissa as a gift for helping with and being at her wedding. It has a special little note in the front that I can read when I get frustrated with grease stained kitchen towels and burnt rye bread.

I'm super excited about my new phasession. I am. I did get a little nervous when I saw in the list of recipes on the back "Cornish Game Hens." I'm trying not to think about that until I get there. Live in the moment or something, right?

Here goes nothing. No wait.

Here goes something...awesome.

No comments: