Thursday, May 20, 2010

Plants Vs. Awesome

I like to think of myself as a cool person who watches shows like The Wire, does the NYT (that's short for New York Times) crossword puzzle, reads books like The Awakening and Grapes of Wrath, all while cooking dinner using fresh herbs and organic oils. You know. Cool. And fancy.

Then I am reminded that my inner child is who really runs my life when things like awesome stupid games come along.

Enter Plants Vs. Zombies:


I can't stop playing. I can't stop. Using plants to defeat zombies? I mean, hello. How much more green can you get? Using plants that grow naturally (yes, I know the plants in this game are not actually real plants) from the earth to war with evil? The world should try this sometime instead of bombs. Just saying.

My favorite plants are the following:

The corn:

You will notice a pat of butter on the zomb-friend's head. The corn shoots butter! It's so cute! and then it pelts the poor zomb-friend with tiny kernels. Adorable!


The blue mushrooms:

They freeze all the zomb-friends. That way they just get pelted and can't move. AHH, great!


And of course, this isn't a plant, but I love the little notes between levels written by the zomb-friends:


I'm such a dork and also 8 years old. That's okay thought, right? Right? Guys, it's okay?

Also, "zomb-friends" is my word for "zombies." It sounds much less threatening. Right? Guys, right?

No comments: