Tuesday, March 11, 2008

An Open Letter To HollywoodReporter.com...

Dear HollywoodReporter.com,

Hi. How are you? Well I hope.

It seems I haven't heard from you in awhile. Why is that? Was it something I said, something I did?

I apologize in advance for not being able to buy your publication in person. See, I moved from Los Angeles several years ago and in my two most recent cities, Richardson and Chicago, the convenience of walking to the crappy newsstand on the corner that someone surely buys coke from along with their Daily Variety and Hollywood Reporter, is no longer an option. Oops, of course I take you more seriously than Variety. Forget I even mentioned her name.

Here's the thing though...

I thought by subscribing to your online version we could still be together, even though we are thousands of miles apart. And you gave! You delivered to my inbox every morning, dutifully and full of grace. And then you stopped. Just stopped. I tried resubscribing, but you proceeded to ignore my request, pop up once at the beginning of this week, and then disappear once again. What is that about?

I can't even find the place to contact customer service on you. Come on...

I want us to be together again. I want to know what's going on in your world. It's important for me.

Please, come back. Please.

Love Always,
Yours Truly,
In His Name,

Molly Wilbanks

No comments: