Wednesday, May 6, 2009

HARRY POTTER!!!!

On Sunday my bestie friend Rachel and I saw the Harry Potter exhibit at the Museum of Science and Industry.

I love Harry Potter. I made fun of it until my sister begged me to read the books. I read them. I love them. I love all of the movies too. The Rach is an even bigger Potter fan than I am. So when she happened to come in town on opening weekend of the exhibit, well, I mean, like duh you guys.

It was a blast. The only downfall is we couldn't take pictures. So I will give you the highlights:

1) I volunteered to wear the sorting hat as did Rach. We both got our houses of choice. Gryffindor and Ravenclaw, respectfully. The older man who thought he was so cool and was sure he belonged in Slytherin got Hufflepuff. Guess who's the fool now?

2) Saw an outfit warn by Emma Thompson. I almost cried. I was hoping if I could touch it some of her wise acting theories and good industry luck would transfer. I'll never know because there was a rope I couldn't get past.

3) Pulled up a mandrake. It was super cute. Also animatronic. Mandrakes aren't real, what were you thinking?

4) Learned that 8-12 year old boys are punk aass b*tches who hog the Quidditch game and when you finally get a rogue ball they let slip out of their sight, they will steal it from you and shove you back out of the way.

5) Gift shops are expensive.

6) This one is more of a warning: The tour guides, or whatever they're called, talk in really bad British accents. The museum should have hired a dialect coach. If they did hire one, they should get their money back.

7) I love Harry Potter more now than ever.

Over all it was really fun and amazing. Less interactive than I thought, but cool nonetheless. Made me wish I was as skilled as a set designer and prop master. Maybe in another life.

Since we couldn't take pictures I have included this picture of Rach and I and what are faces probably looked like at every moment of the exhibit:

Pure joy and fun.

Also, here's the trailer for the new movie:



Who's in for a midnight showing?

I am.

Also who's in, in 2010?

I am.

1 comment:

Nikki Illinois said...

I totally hate that Curt left right before i got to see this exhibit!!!!!!!!!!!!- SO FUN!!! I am so jealous