Thursday, May 14, 2009

Miami Baby

I haven't taken a vacation since I was 21. That was almost 5 years ago now. Before that I hadn't taken a vacation since like....7th grade? There's a question mark because I'm really not sure.

The point is I just never take a vacation. I travel a lot, but it's always for something like, being in a friend's wedding, improv festivals, the birth of my niece, Christmas etc...

Tomorrow I'm going to Miami. I am so pumped. I almost don't even know what to do with my excitement. I'm also only going to be there Friday through Monday which means I totally have room to over pack my suitcase AND bring my hair dryer. Usually I only bring exactly what's necessary clothing wise and no hair tools because I'm trying to fit a weeks worth of clothes plus gifts or books I borrowed from my mom into a tiny carry-on suitcase. This means no room for hair tools or fancy black dresses just in case I need one.

Not this time. It's only necessary for me to bring 3 days worth of clothes and 1 pair of shoes. You better believe I have enough clothes for a week and 3 pairs of shoes PLUS the hair dryer.

Heaven.

I've never been to Miami. I don't know a lot about it. This is what I do know:

1) It is the setting of a glorious and wonderful show called Dexter
2) There's lots of Cuban food
3) Celebrities like Paris Hilton like to party there on New Years
4) Dexter Morgan lives there
5) There is a lot of dancing
6) There is a beach
7) Dexter is set there

I love Dexter. I will be in the home of Dexter. No, I don't care about the parties and the yummy pork sandwiches, I care about a fictional serial killer who kills other serial killers. That's kind of sick.

Here's a picture of Miami for you to enjoy:



Everyone have a lovely weekend. I'll be vacationing.

PS to Griggs: On the latest Aphasia Podcast you had Jeannie and Brett guess whether an actor named Harry Morgan was dead or alive. I didn't know Harry Morgan was an actor. I only knew him as the Harry Morgan who is my beloved Dexter's foster father. I screamed, "Dead!!! He's Dead!!!" because he is dead on the show. I thought it was so cool that you mentioned Dexter. Then it wasn't that Harry Morgan and I was sad.

1 comment:

Jeff Griggs said...

It's possible that Harry Morgan from Dexter is also alive.

Look for him in Miami.

Beware of serial killers in Miami.