Friday, May 22, 2009

Thank You

Thank you kind sir who wrote this blog in response to an "embarrassing" video:

Click Here.

Not because I have some soft spot for Darwin or evolution, or even Creationism.

Because I love Texas. I'm from Texas. I love Texas. People are quick to judge Texas as a whole and this blogger took the time to include this little nugget:

"I’ll add here, once again, that I am not attacking Texas as a whole. That would be foolish. I am however attacking those in power who would use that power to teach that which is clearly wrong, attack that which is clearly right, and thinly disguise what they’re trying to do: overthrow the First Amendment and instate a theocracy. It’s really just that simple."

Thank you for not attacking Texas like Texas did something wrong. Texas didn't do anything. Texas is a mass of land full of all kinds of different people.

It just so happens that only the idiots make it onto TV anymore.

Well that's not all Texas is. I'm also pretty sure there are unintelligent people in most states.

I am Texas. I didn't grow up on a ranch, I don't own a pair of cowboy boots, and I don't own a gun. Even if I did, there would be nothing wrong with it. To each his own. Well, okay, maybe I don't agree with the gun thing.

I'm just saying. It would be nice every once in awhile when someone decided to attack "Texas," they would take the time to acknowledge they're really attacking the individual and not a giant massive state full of wonderful people.

'Nuff said.

No comments: