Thursday, April 10, 2008

In Hindsight...

I should have known today was going to be rough.

When my alarm went off this morning, I honestly thought is was Saturday. I turned off my alarm and thought, "Oh, what a relief that I can roll over and go back to sleep right now."

I then thought, "Oh wait...it's Friday. Well, at least it's Friday."

I rolled over and turned on the T.V. only to discover it is, in fact, Thursday.

I made it to work alright. No problems there.

Once at work, I sat down at my desk and went through the notes people had left me. I glanced at my page-a-day calendar and saw that it was already on Thursday, which is strange because I am very anal about changing the day, on the day. Except for of course on Mondays because I have to read through Saturdays and Sundays to get to Monday. I looked down at the note I was reading and realized someone had ripped off Wednesday and written their note on the back.

This is the third or fourth time that's happened.

Do people have no respect for others belongings? Oh, no. They don't.

I wrote a note and taped it to my calendar that reads:

This is not your scrap paper. Don't use it as such!

In order to lift myself up I decided, after lunch, to buy a cookie from the adorable little bakery by my office. They have really tasty cookies and cupcakes.

I got my umbrella and walked through the pouring rain, and it was pouring. Like crazy. My pants were soaked through when I stepped inside the bakery.

"At least I'll get a cookie." I thought.

Nope. They didn't have cookies today. Only muffins. So I got a chocolate chip muffin. So not the same as a cookie.

I want to go home. It's not even one o'clock yet. Come on...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's terrible. Saturday turned Thursday is my worst nightmare.

Well, I hope it will make you happy to know that for the past few days, I have checked my bloglines account, and you are the only one to faithfully post, thus saving me from the let down of the (zero unread) taunting me from my screen.

So you, my dear, have made my day that much happier.

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Ew, waking to discover its thursday when you want the weekend. Blah indeed. Sorry girl!

Not to top you on blah but my day started at 3:30 with tornado sirens and my dad yelling for my sister and I to get in the bathroom downstairs! Ick :( While no tornado touched down at our house it was pretty bad none the less, and I had to get up at 5:30. Oh well, tomorrow is FRIDAY which means the weekend is only a breath away so Yippie!