Friday, January 23, 2009

Sick Day...

I hate being sick. I hate it. I'm really bad at it. I usually don't acknowledge it and go about my business. I knew I must have been really sick this week because I didn't mind laying in bed all day. It was the only thing that made me feel not sick. I mean, I like to relax like the rest of you but it usually takes me being really sick for me to actually relax.

Yes. I'm aware that's probably not a good thing, but I'm a busy lady as I'm sure all of you are.

I found some things this week that made me feel better. The main was The Tyra Banks Show.

You're thinking, "Molly, you're crazy."

I don't actually like the Tyra Banks show. I really can't stand Tyra Banks. But I love the train wreck that is Tyra Banks and the Tyra Banks show. She's crazy. I couldn't really find any examples so I will share one from an episode this Tuesday afternoon.

The entire show was about HateHers: girls who hate on other girls. The author of a book about this topic and Tyra went on and on about how they would never let their girlfriend leave the house with a weave line followed by a close-up of the only two African-American women in the audience, both with weaves. Now, I know that wasn't Tyra's decision but it was associated with her. And that makes it a Tyra thing. I remember one episode of her show where a young teenage woman was upset because she had become a mother at 16 and now it was "ruining her life." She couldn't do the normal things girls her age did. I thought, "Oh, a show about teenage mothers, okay." No, no. Tyra interrupted this girl to say, "Let's stay on topic. Tell me more about the crying." That's right. The whole show was about people who cry.

Okay Tyra.

Bottom line: if you love train wrecks watch the Tyra Banks show.

No comments: