Tuesday, March 16, 2010

BurgerQuest!

John and I are on a mission. It's called BurgerQuest. We want to find the best burger in Chicago. None of this fancy schmancy dancy burgers with horseradish ragu sauce. No. The best plain old cheeseburger money can by. We have made a spreadsheet that keeps track of where we've been, where we want to go, and how we felt about the burger itself.

We talked about engaging in BurgerQuest long ago, but now it is happening. YES.

The first place we went (Well, we've been to The Counter too but before we were keeping track) was Five Guys. It is a chain, yes, but holy crap, yum. The burger was so good. Check out these happy photos of people consuming a cheeseburger at Five Guys:

MMMMM, so yummy my eyebrows went up.

So yummy Jeannie had to run across the street from her illegal sublet apartment and join in on the yummy.

So yummy John had to stare up at the ceiling in pure yummy-ness.

So yummy.

The burger was melt in your mouth good. The cheese was so gooey. Everything was so gooey I got mushy bun. Mushy bun is the best. Not like a wet mushy bun, but you know, when the mayonnaise (or mustard if you're John) and the cheese and the greasy meat all run together and the bread warms up because the flavor is so hot and bothered...you know. That.

I wish I could say the same about the fries. They were too done on the outside and not done enough on the inside. I ate all of them though. I have these weird thing where if you even remotely fry a potato in some form and set it in front me, I will eat it. Period. All of it. The end of potato. El fin.

We decided to order regular cheeseburgers everywhere we go. Should make Kuma's interesting from what I hear. But that's okay. I don't want my burger masked in flavor, I want to know your burger is the bet tasting on it's own. With cheese.

I will keep you posted on our next BurgerQuest locale.

No comments: