Friday, March 5, 2010

Pictures From My Phone (Pt 2)

And we're off on another CRAZY adventure...

I'm excited about the next 3 pictures because they are pictures of food. I love food. I love to cook. I made this meal for John and myself to enjoy on a nice fall evening. My parents were really into the whole "Next Food Network Star" show or whatever it was called. They talked about it all the time so I started occasionally tuning in. The winner was Melissa D'Arabian (or something French sounding like that). On the first episode of her show (her ""prize") she made this menu: Salad with Homemade Balsamic Vinegarette, Potato and Bacon Torte (yes, I just had a Dan Quail moment and almost put an "e" on the end of potato) and Applesauce Granita for dessert.

Wait, are you supposed to capitalize recipe names? I just did. So yes, in my world you are.


This salad dressing is amazing. You should google it and make it. She got the recipe from her French mother-in-law. Secret ingredient: soy sauce. No lie. It's so tasty. Use field greens. Put down the bag of Romaine. You've overdone your life with the Romaine. Try something bitter and peppery. I dare you.


That is not an "M J" for Michael Jackson, it stands for Molly and John. Hoooooow cute. This was the most delicious fattening thing. Lots of heavy cream, and Gruyere (melt my heart), bacon, butter and pastry crust. I did not make my own pastry crust because I didn't want to. Someday I will though. I will.


Okay so the granita was not that great. It was topped with a yogurt sauce that was really yummy but the granita was just cold and watery tasting. Oh well. If only there had been chocolate involved. It also made so much granita that it eventually froze into a giant applesauce blob that was completely inedible.

Cooking is fun, delicious, stressful, therapeutic and messy. It's great.

No comments: