Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Pictures From My Phone (Pt 1)

I have been reluctant to blog lately because I don't have a digital camera that 1) takes good pictures and 2) connects to my computer.

I discovered I have an abundance of pictures on my phone for whatever reason. They pretty much document the last 9 months or so of my life in one way or another.

Here are a few to start off with:

This was August of last year, sometime around Lyndie (my niece) and her rockin' 1st birthday party.

My sister has tons of pictures of just Lyndie. No one else in the photos, just Lyndie. It's as if Lyndie has no parents or family and instead has a photographer following her around, taking pictures at her every waking moment. There are a few pictures of her with my sister, her husband and some other miscellaneous family members but it could be argued that they are random strangers found by the photographer since they only appear once or twice in a given photo album of 300+ pictures.

To combat this, I always try and ask someone to take pictures of Lyndie and me together. It never works out because Lyndie never stays in one place. Ever. She is too used to being to star of the show or something. My attempt at having a picture together failed miserably in this instance. Instead I look slightly amused by grass and Lyndie looks like she found a cupcake growing out of the ground.


This is my grandmother (and me). She is one of my favorite women in the all the land. She's amazing. Super strong-willed, independent, caring, loving, and stubborn as a mule. I hope to be just like her forever. Including the stubborn part.

This day we took her Luna De Noche. One of my favorite Tex-Mex places back home. Margaritas that are so tasty, salsa that is so tasty and sour cream enchiladas. And awesome chimichangas. And lunch specials. Oh man. Now all I want is Luna. Sucks that there isn't any good Tex-Mex in Chicago.

This is the harbor by my condio. I had lived in my place about a year at this point and honestly, had never walked east. I had no idea how close the lake actually was. There's a lake, a golf course, a giant soccer field with a hug hill (fun to run up and down), and pretty views of downtown. I don't know why I had never walked east. Just hadn't.

That's all for now. I know these are pretty exciting pictures. There are more I will post eventually.

No comments: