Friday, April 2, 2010

BurgerQuest Update - Bad Apple

A couple of weeks ago my parents were in town and John and I took them to one of our BurgerQuest locations, The Bad Apple. Here's the thing. The Bad Apple is really good. We had fried cheese curds as an appetizer and they were AWESOME. There were so many delicious looking things on the menu. The burger? Not so much. We ordered their version of the regular cheeseburger which had Provolone instead of American or Cheddar (I capitalize cheeses).


The bun was eh, the cheese wasn't very tasty, the meat was dryish and tasty in other parts. The fries were good, but I made a giant mistake. I ordered the truffle fries to be "different." Big mistake. I'm not joking, my stomach was messed up for 2 days. I don't know if it was the truffle oil, maybe it was rotten (is that possible???) or the fries themselves. I had some of John's fries and they tasted fine. Mine continued to taste for several days (sorry, graphic but true).

I want to go back to the Bad Apple and NOT order a burger. I am looking at their website and they claim to have won the Best Burger in Chicago award. That critic was drunk or hungover. Or maybe we got old meat. Either way, next time I'm ordering a yummy sandwhich and a variety of appetizers. NOT a burger. Did I mention I wouldn't order a burger there?

Obligatory eating shots:


Sorry, no shots of the Wilbanks folks eating with us. But they were there. And they had so much fun. Seriously, we all agreed that this was a good place to eat unless you wanted a really good cheeseburger. Then you should go to Five Guys. They are still the front runners after the 4 places we've been. I promise to update on the rest of the places soon.

No comments: