Thursday, April 22, 2010

What do YOU do when you run into your boyfriend at an audition?

In my case, I gave him a big kiss. THEN he suggested that we spontaneously BurgerQuest and try MBurger, which happened to be nearby.


It was delish. We ordered single cheeseburgers with fries and a chocolate shake to split. I mean this in a good way, it was like a glorified McDonalds burger with a glorified frosty from Wendy's. I love both of those things. To enjoy a similar flavor with quality ingredients and a slightly better flavor, I'm totes in. It wasn't greasy at all. I was really surprised and out how un-greasy it was.

The fries were AWESOME. Crispy, then, soft on the inside, just salty enough. Yum. They say "delicious" on the wrapper for a reason.


We also got to enjoy a nice view of the kitchen at Tru. The executive chef of Tru also runs MBurger. Tru is one of the first restaurants I wanted to go to when I moved to Chicago.

I STILL HAVEN'T BEEN THERE.

I heart Gale Gand who is the executive pastry chef/partner of the Tru. Someday I will go there. She also owns More Cupcakes, mmmmmmmmm-yummmmm. John thought is was weird that we were watching the chefs while they worked. I couldn't take my eyes off of them. They probably thought I was creepy.

Go to MBurger! Five Guys is still the favorite but I think MBurger might be a close second. I really want to go back and try a caramel shake (not on the menu....I smell an In N Out wannabe!) and the actual MBurger which includes bacon and their secret sauce. I love secret sauces...and secret things not on menus.

No comments: