Friday, April 30, 2010

I Am A Horrible Person

I wrote a sketch once about a family who's daughter had gone missing. They were eating dinner at the dinner table and in the chair where the daughter would normally have sat, they had put a portrait of her to "represent" her being there.

The sketch originally took place on the set of a Dateline type show where the family was being interviewed about the daughter's disappearance. Sitting next to the son was a portrait of the daughter to "represent" her in the interview.

It was very dark, a little sick, and (to me at least) absolutely hilarious. The family would talk to the portrait like she was really there, except for the mother who would just cry every time she spoke.

The more I describe this sketch, the more horrible I realize I am.

The real reason I'm explaining all this is because, well, look:

Click Here.

That's right folks. It's real. It's. Real. Oh dear. I think I feel really embarrassed and ashamed and also dumbfounded. Eeesh.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Still funny.

Sherrill Lynn Moffett said...

Oh my good Lord!!! ha ha ha
That's kind of creepy about the cardboard cutout! But your sketch sounds hilarious!!!

Dwigt said...

So, if I find not only your sketch funny but also the cardboard cut- out story funny as well, does that make me extra horrible?