Thursday, June 10, 2010

BurgerQuest: We Have An Almost Winner and a For Sure Loser


Today was Epic Burger. Mr. Jandy and I took to the newly opened Epic Burger by my work.

Nom noms. Twas very good.


I had a junior burger on a wheat bun. John had a double on white.

Guys, it's good. The "Epic Sauce" is a type of thousand island dressing. I smell an In 'n Out wannabe and that's no problem with me. In 'n Out truly is the greatest burger, but is not eligible for this contest since there aren't any here in Chicago*.

I really really really like the wheat bun too. It was messy. The sauce is a little thin. The junior burger was a great size. It wasn't junior at all, it was a regular burger. The double was too much meat and too much sauce. Poor John had saucy hands and went through a lot of napkins. The fries were delish. They were very similar to Five Guys. Not too thin, not too crispy, browned just right and salty.

Extra credit was awarded because they carry Dr. Pepper, but extra credit was promptly taken away because they only carried Diet Pepsi. Diet Pepsi is the worst of the diets.

Honestly, this may be my favorite burger. I don't really know. I feel like I would need to blind taste test both and see. Wheat bun = good. But Five Guys has jalapenos = double good.

Super close race. We'll call it an almost winner.

The loser: Moody's Pub. Seriously? I want to know what was happening in the world at the moment this burger was voted best in Chicago. Was there a meat shortage causing every establishment to only get horrible meat? Dry meat, dry bun (at least it was sesame seed), no flavor, fries eh. Not at all worth the trek north.

That's all for now on that.

*An In 'n Out Burger is opening 10 minutes from my parents house in Texas. I cried when I found out. Seriously. I had tears. I can't wait. It will supposedly be open by the time I go to visit in July. SHUT UP WORLD. THAT'S TOO PERFECT. WORLD, AHHHHH. YOU SCORED.

No comments: