Monday, October 11, 2010

It's Birthday Week Y'all

As I mentioned yesterday, the beginning of this week is rather hectic for me. It's all good. Just lots of lines to memorize and then promptly execute.

I felt a little thrown off yesterday because it was damn warm. I didn't grow up with a real fall. I grew up in Texas and moved to Southern California shortly after high school so fall was not part of my vocab. HOWEVER, my body needs the change. It needs the cooler weather, the leaves changing, the crisp smell in the air. I need the weather to change and inspire me to make changes.

Cheesy. Yes. True. Also yes.

This week is also pretty exciting because it's my birthday week. This Thursday I get older. Pretty exciting that I've made it another year.

I read this post on Habitually Chic recently and it made me feel all warm and fuzzy in inside. This quote also made me proud to be an October baby:

"There is no season when such pleasant and sunny spots may be lighted on, and produce so pleasant an effect on the feelings, as now in October." - Nathaniel Hawthorne


Ah, wouldn't it be grand to be sitting right there all day reading a book? Oh well. Let the day begin and let me be oh so happy about it. After I finish my coffee. And eat something. And take a shower. And memorize some lines. And pay some bills. And well...you get the idea.

(P.S. Blogger is once again the stupidest thing ever. It won't let me NOT type in italics right now. Even if I type this elsewhere and paste it, it switches it to italics. I HATE BLOGGER. I even went into Edit HTML and took out the part that is making it italic. IT'S STILL FREAKIN' ITALIC.)

No comments: