Thursday, October 21, 2010

Kombuchwhat?


I've been drinking the GT's Kombucha lately. Now that it's back at the Whole Foods that is.

I saw people drinking it before. People like Bethenny Frankel (you watch it, don't lie), my friend Jillian, Lincoln Park stroller moms who don't actually have a stroller their nanny does that, you know...all those people.

Then the drink was pulled from shelves for not being honest about the tiny minuscule amount of alcohol in it. I mean, the label did say it was "fermented" so really, what did people think that meant?

Anyway, it's back on the shelves and I obliged. I obliged several times. I really like it. It makes me feel good inside.

Problem: it's pricey. It's like buying a vente latte every morning. So I don't. I can maybe MAYBE buy one a week. Also, it does make me burp. But not near as much as I thought. It actually just made me feel a little jittery and really clean. Sounds weird, but it's true.

Part of me feels like this is one of those things that rich waspy people do. That it's not really healthy for me etc, but the label says it's healthy. So I believe it. I'm not a Kombucha expert. I assume GT (the brand) is so they know more than I do on the subject. If the Russian/Chinese/Japanese cultures of the world have sung it's praises for hundreds of years, why can't I sing along with them?

Bottoms up!

No comments: